Our TAG Energy team made their way back home from Cancun this Labor Day weekend, and they decided to share with us some tips they picked up on their trip.
Pack the Night Before
- Nothing is worse then forgetting your passport, favorite book or camera at home when you are on an airplane half way to your destination. We recommend you make a list of everything you think you will need and pack the night before so that if the morning of you are running late or making a last minute errand, you’ll have most of your things pre-packed and ready to go!
Wake up Early
- It’s 9 am, and your flights in 30 minutes, and thanks to LA traffic, there’s no way you’ll make it to LAX on time. We recommend you wake up an hour or two than you think you need too, that way you don’t miss your flight or feel pressed for time. Plus that’ll give you time to go to Starbucks! It’s a win win.
Call your Bank
- Often times credit card companies place a hold on your account if they see suspicious account from outside your general vicinity. Make sure to call them to let them know you will be traveling to another country so that you can still access your money.
Take Lots of Pictures
- Living in the moment is the way to go, but don’t forget to snap a couple of pictures here and there so that you can look back on them and remember how much fun you had. Don’t wait until the last day of your trip to take out your camera and start snapping pictures. The only thing you’ll end up capturing are pictures of tired grumpy friends who are ready to go home. Speaking of which, follow us on instagram to see great pictures our team took in Cancun.
It’s Okay to be Lost
- A big part of traveling is exploring! It’s okay to lose the map and just walk around with a friend or two. Take in the culture and talk to locals! It’s one thing to read about your destination online, but it’s another thing to actually hear it from the locals. They might be able to recommend to you some cool restaurants or hidden gems that the country has to offer.
We hope through this article you are able to be better prepared for any upcoming trip you may have. To get some Cancun photo inspiration visit our Pinterest! Also follow us on Twitter to keep up with our amazing team here at TAG Energy.
Leave us a comment down below if you have any other tips for traveling!